In the spirit of doing something new and using more technology to keep us better informed, I am starting this 'News & Notes" blog. If you are new to this, a blog is short for web log and it is an easy web page to use for tons of different things. It will be a way for us to stay connected with each other without the need of using email.
As we move forward together, here are a few things we could work on:
- The 3/4 Cav Reunion will be held in the Greater Cincinnati Area from 25 to 29 June, 2008. We will post more information as it becomes available.
- We need to get the word out to all of our email contacts about the 2008 reunion. We need to have a great attendance from A Troop. We were only a few troopers short of having the most attendees at each of the last 2 reunions. Nothing is better than seeing our fellow comrades we served with. Encourage those who have concerns about attending. Maybe some of you can post to the blog about how great of an experience your first reunion was for you.
- We have a reunion page on our web site. You can add your name to the list of attendees. Here is the web link for our reunion page: A Troop Reunion Web Page.
- If you have ideas for increasing the attendance from A Troop at the reunion let us know.
- Any ideas you might have about making this reunion special to A Troopers would be appreciated.
- Please be polite in your posts and avoid some of the language we may have used once many years ago. We have family members, some quite young, that visit our web site.
- Select the comments link at the bottom of the page to comment.
- Select the email icon to email this blog to other troopers.
All former Troopers can be proud of your service to our Nation, to the 3rd Squadron 4th Cavalry, and for the job you did during your time in the Troop.